The Nikon CoolPix P510 is the Ultimate Zoomer
The P510 adds convenience to quality
The Nikon p510 is a great bridge camera, utilizing the advanced qualities of an SLR with the practicality of a compact. It is an ideal camera for those photographers who don’t want the hassle of carrying lenses and a heavy camera bag, but do want the image quality and shooting flexibility that a standard SLR can offer. This new CoolPix camera offers a remarkable 42x optical zoom, allowing the lens to zoom from 24mm to 1,000mm focal range and incorporates Vibration Reduction, to help keep the frame sharp when shooting at high focal lengths.
The Nikon CoolPix P510 is ideal for anything from happy snaps on the beach, to landscapes, portraits, evening shots and long range images. It is one of the best of its type in a range of good cameras.
It is a great all-round camera for the photographer who wants pin-sharp, lustrous photographs rather than fuzzy, pixelated memories. It is also customizable, allowing users to assign frequently used settings to a special function button. It has a built-in GPS function and the LCD back screen can tilt upwards or downwards, which helps with high or low-angle shots. For more advanced photographers, it enables 3D still images, a one touch button which changes from stills to HD video with stereo sound recording, and wireless image transfer. It comes in Black, Red and Dark Grey.
OUR EXPERTS SAYS
The P510 is a very ambitious camera with lots of features and extras. It is as easy to use as a compact, but gives you the quality of an SLR. The care and attention Nikon have paid to image quality and their Vibration Reduction system, means that, even at the full 1000mm zoom, the pictures should look great. This is an ideal camera for someone who wants to impress with their holiday photos, or who has started with a compact system and wants to explore photography some more, without becoming a geek with a manual obsession. I would consider it as a back up for my SLRs.
Nikon CoolPix P510 Features
Auto HDR mode gives impressive tonal detail in any situation. The camera can combine two shots taken at different exposures during a single shutter release to create an image with wide dynamic range and rich colour gradation. USEFUL
- Easy Panorama 360°/180°: pan vertically or horizontally to create dynamic panoramas. REALLY USEFUL
- 3D shooting mode: create a 3D image of any still subject to be played back on 3D-capable TVs and computers. The camera combines two images taken from different positions; the second shot is taken automatically when the camera detects that you are in the right position. THIS IS AMAZING
- High-speed continuous shooting: shoot up to 5 full-resolution shots at 6 fps, or up to 30 full-resolution shots at 1 fps. PRETTY GOOD
- Mode dial with manual exposure modes (P/S/A/M) and User mode, where you can recall your preferred camera settings instantly.
- Wireless transfer: compatible with Eye-Fi X2 (or later) cards. Transmit your digital photos (in JPEG format) directly to your phone or personal computer, and then connect to the Internet to take advantage of Nikon’s photo sharing service, my Picturetown. VERY HANDY
- Retouch menu: enhance your photos in-camera with a range of filter effects. Includes options such as Selective Colour, which converts your image to monochrome then adds a splash of colour to an area of your choice, and Cross Screen, which lends a starry effect to bright objects. DINKY, BUT NOT EASY ON A SMALL SCREEN